While we don’t always need a reason to party, sometimes we do. What better reason than to celebrate our furry, four-legged friends? On April 23rd, South Beach Room Escape hosted a fantastic fundraiser for NAIA’s No Animals in Anguish Pet Rescue Foundation.
The event was a huge success, with eighty guests in attendance. The weather was a perfect 74 degrees, making our rooftop lounge the perfect spot for the gathering. We served up food, snacks, and drinks, and guests were treated to 50% off their room escape adventure, courtesy of NAIA. The proceeds ($1,000!) went entirely to their foundation. To add to the festivities, NAIA introduced us to the lovable animals who were up for adoption and the amazing NAIA staff members who care for animals in need every day. They are a wonderful group!
We love great causes and we love to party! We know you do, too. We learned some things from the success of this event that you may want to use for your next fundraising event:
- It’s okay to have fun and tackle serious issues at the same time. Just because the cause may be sobering, it doesn’t mean the event has to be. The more fun you have, the more memorable the event will be, and being memorable is every non-profit’s goal. At the NAIA event, one of the main attractions was an artist who created a dog-inspired painting right in front of us. This was a great way to generate donations and leave an impression on guests.
- Fundraising is better with friends. Hosting a fundraising event is all about gathering people who share a common interest together. With a fun venue and exciting entertainment, it’s impossible not to get swept up in celebration! Fundraisers are a perfect place to hang out with friends or make new ones.
- Preparation is the key to a seamless event. The great thing about hosting an event at South Beach Room Escape is that we do a lot of the planning for you! Having a venue that serves food and drinks and has special attractions can amp up the engagement among your guests and take the stress off of you.
- Food and drink make the heart grow fonder. Nothing loosens up a crowd like coming together over some great food and drinks. There’s a reason why these are an integral part of our culture; there’s nothing like sharing delicious libations with friends and strangers to draw people together. Did we mention that we ordered up a giant pizza for the NAIA event? Delicious.
- You have to give a little to get a little. Nonprofits have big hearts. Sometimes it’s hard to ask for donations, but it’s always easier when you can give a little something in return. At the NAIA event in April, not only did guests get to snuggle with adorable pups, but they also got to partake in some great raffles. Among the items given away were Duck Tour tickets, an Alex & Ani bracelet, and gift certificates to the Mickey Byrnes Pub. The raffles were a lot of fun and got everyone involved for a great cause.
- It’s not the size of the crowd at the party, but the size of the party in the crowd. At South Beach Room Escape, we have two lounges and three great escape rooms. There are a lot of options for groups of any size. But we’ve learned that the size of the group doesn’t really matter as long as the guests have a great time, bring the fun and laughter, and show that they’ve got heart.
We loved hosting NAIA’s Pet Rescue, and we’re pretty sure they had a great time, too. At South Beach Room Escape, we believe in being an integral part of our community and we’re proud to have South Beach in our name.
For your next nonprofit fundraising adventure, we hope you’ll stop by and see what South Beach Room Escape has to offer. As part of the South Beach community, we love to see people come together and share in the act of giving. Thank you to NAIA Pet Rescue for choosing us!